Monday, May 17, 2010

Starting up again...
















Well, it's been a bit of a break since I last posted. Part of that time was just taking a break, part of it seemed so busy that there was no time to post! I've been getting my year forward planned--what juried shows I'm entering, and entering them, researching website possibilities, doing a little bit of painting and even a printing class at the local art gallery, as well as entering some paintings for an art label contest for Calona Wines. So I feel like I'm back into my art, finally, after a bit of a respite doing things that you have to do around the house, gardens, organizing vehicles to buy & sell, all that daily living stuff that I was away from for 4 months. That plus two family get-togethers--one uncle passed away and another turned 90 so catching up with lots of cousins at both of those events. And don't forget all my wonderful friends and all the lunches we have together, faery hunting in my back yard, and my exercise routine--there's barely time for painting once you factor all of the above into the equation!


I still haven't got my photos organized from my trip down under but have put a couple up with this post for your viewing pleasure. The first two are from a Quadra Island birthday party trip, and then there's a painting I did of Atlin Lake in NE BC a few years ago, along with a reminder of a favourite Australia beach with a cousin, and a painting I did last year of an Inukshuk and entered into the wine label competition, as it was built along a bike path in the hills near the winery (Kettle Valley Trail).
So, that's a bit about what I've been up to, the fairies haven't whisked me away yet but I can feel them enchanting me in my back yard. There's a lot going on out there and all the plants are up high enough that there are many hiding spots for magical creatures as well as birds and bees. I'm inspired to do some paintings of my back yard, where I find peace and quiet and a bit of a breather from the busyness of city life.
Stay tuned for more adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment