Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What's next?







































Finally I've downloaded some of my photos from the last 6 months and have put them up. Hope you enjoy the paintings. The autumn leaves are falling in Australia and the irises are out in BC so I thought they were both seasonal--depending on where you are! The other photos I will likely use as reference material for future paintings.
And the Inukshuk is a painting from the Kettle Valley that I have entered into the Calona Wine Artist Series label competition. It's about time I had another painting on a wine label so I'm anxiously waiting to hear about the success of my entries! And the portrait of the baby is my cousin's youngest--little Mikey from Australia. I'd like to play a little more with portraits. This was originally intended to be a sketch but I got into it and decided to add a little colour.




I'm back in the saddle again and trying to "ride" (read: blog) regularly. Part of it is for you, part of it is for me, to track what I'm up to, and keep myself organized about what I have accomplished regarding my art particularly.









This week I'm starting to extend invitations and put posters up for my next show--Art in the Park in Maple Ridge, June 12 and 13. You can see my art and profile on their website, http://www.artintheparkmapleridge.com/ and do come out & see me there!









I'm also finalizing my application for Minnekhada Art in the Park in August, and have started to look at getting a website up. Along with that goes organizing all my art, packaging it, pricing it, getting my magic books set up along with greeting cards into envelopes for the first sale. And I'm waiting to hear about my entry for a juried Christmas sale in Coquitlam in December. They seem a little uneasy about having artists in it but I think my calendar and cards will go over quite well, and selling paintings will be a bonus.
That's it for today's blog--I'll see you next week, I hope!








.

No comments:

Post a Comment