Saturday, June 5, 2010

Working away in the world


Just a quick note to update you all today as I'm working hard on a couple of projects over the next week or so. Today I'll be doing a trial run of setting up my new gazebo tent on the patio (photo on the left) to make sure
a) all the pieces are there and
b) I know how to do it
in preparation for my first show of the year next weekend in Maple Ridge. Lots of other tasks go along with getting ready--I've got stacks of matting and packaging to do for my newer paintings (wouldn't I be happy if I sold 20 paintings next weekend??) and getting all my magic books and cards and lists and pricetags organized in one spot, ready to load in the truck.
At the same time, I've been working on my soon-to-be-released website. My favourite instructor, Faith Love Robertson, has a website that I liked & when I asked her about it she told me it was created for her by some cousins who now offer a website service for artists. Their company is called Artsites.ca and it is simple enough for me to build my own website using their templates, and to update regularly.
I now have my trial site up & running & I'm playing around with the format. The plan is to have it published by next weekend so I can tell people the address at the show (and tell you, on the blog--which, by the way, will be moving over to the website very soon, too!) New business cards will be necessary, both for the website and for yet another email (or two) that will be included with the website. And, the possibility of linking up with Paypal to sell my reproductions directly on-line is included with this package so I'm really happy about that!
So, come and see me at the show next weekend, in Maple Ridge. The details are at www.ArtintheParkMapleRidge.com . I have a painting and my profile on their website too. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment