Friday, December 11, 2009

More photos before I hit the road again....


Thought you'd all like the Financial Abundance Fairy that is pictured here...sent by a non-believer in fairies, just in case...and I pass it on to you!

Along with this I'll put a few more California photos since I haven't gotten anything uploaded from the last few weeks in Australia...except that now I've uploaded one photo and started typing it appears I can't upload any more until the next post. Sigh. Isn't technology wonderful? I can't figure out how to put captions on the photos either as my mom requested.

Maybe by the time the next posting comes around I'll work out how to put up the sound-track and photos of 30 1/2 Trees and Rick Watts jamming in California...could be an interesting challenge and I wonder how the sound would be coming out of my camera's studio! I call it 30 1/2 Trees because it's half the Watts Boys band, 61 Trees, from Sacremento, California (check them out on Facebook--you'll find out what the name is about there), jamming with their dad. Didn't get to see the whole band although I hope to someday!

Tonight I go to see another family musician, Bec Watts, of Williamstown (Melbourne) Australia, play in a local cafe. There will be a big turnout to see her and her partner Seb play and sing. Earlier in the year I was very impressed hearing them at a local pub gig they had for a few months. I'll get some photos and put them on next week for you.

And meanwhile, it's Christmas coming in full swing here in Australia, although I must say I often forget because of the weather. Go into the shopping centres, as I have over the last 2 days, and you are quickly reminded--the bustle, the decorations, the full carparks...horror! I think I'll go to the beach today for a walk instead!

Melbourne weather is so funny--the week before I arrived they finished an unseasonably hot November, having 8 days over 30 degrees and a top of 37, but since I've been here I've had to put my fleece on most days, at some point, and it might have made 27 one day. Yesterday I broke down and bought myself a cardigan (sweater, as we'd call them up north) along with a pair of dressy sandals (nothing like consistency eh?) so that should make the weather get hotter very soon. Not, however, until late next week, according to the forecast at present.

I've also started drawing and painting again and have a session with Melbourne artist Greg Allan on Tuesday morning so that will inspire me to get off my butt and do what I say I'm going to. Stay tuned for further details and photos! I'd better get a few things done next week before I hit the road again, heading north for Sydney and past...

No comments:

Post a Comment