Monday, December 21, 2009

The year is ending soon!




It's been an amazing year, full of fun, fairies & magic. Not to mention a fair bit of art--both creating and viewing. I've worked with many mediums this year, from ink, silk, pottery, stone (tiling the ensuite shower is definitely a work of art!), photos and reproductions, to the last one, abstract watercolour on plastic paper with Greg Allen, a noted Melbourne watercolourist! It's been excellent to put out some more creative branches and fun to think about how that will continue in the next year. Might even think about some music--the cousins have inspired me with their playing, singing, and bands. Can I get back into the piano or is the guitar somehow easier?




It's also been a year of travel, exploring, and connnecting or re-connecting with family from 3 continents--some after almost 40 years! Very cool, and lots of wonderful memories, photos old and new, and old and new stories to enjoy and pass on to others. Sometimes I think one of my strongest roles is as a connection.




As I type this there are only 9 days left in the month, and I have hardly thought about next year at all, which was what this walkabout was supposed to be for. I am usually a very future-oriented person however at this point I'm not sure what I want to put in place for 2010...I do have a short (and general) list for my art, including getting a website developed, and I have a sense that there are other things which are more important in life--like enjoying family & friends and supporting others. I'm noticing how much distraction I put into my life, and how difficult it is to hold a focus most of the time. Perhaps it's just a stage...or perhaps life is one big distraction?




Anyway, I do want to wish you all a very merry Christmas, you loyal blog-readers (whoever you are!!) and I might possibly put in a short message before 2010, when I return to my favourite city Sydney for New Year's Eve fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment