Thursday, August 6, 2009

Notes To the Universe

Is there anyone out there? If so please speak!
(Not that I have much time to listen this week but there's deafening silence out there. Is everyone on holiday or what?)

I've been running full tilt getting ready for my art show launch Sat/Sun in Langley, 4860 203 St, 10-5 just in case you're interested in going! By the way, you're invited! It's in someone's beautiful garden, spilling over to the neighbour's place, which is where I'm going to be situated. I haven't been there before but heard about it through Opus (a great art supply store that I use as often as I can get there) & although it's been family-run for over 15 years apparently this is the last year they want to do it. Sounds like they're going to go out with a splash so I'm going to be there with bells on (ok, not really but you get the picture).

As an artist getting into the reproduction end of things has been very educational & also surprisingly inspirational. I'm looking for ideas everywhere for functional objects that I can put my art on, & also objects that inspire other people's creativity. And that seems to be a circular type of flow which inspires my own creativity! Very cool.

My new printer Darren is awesome & I have so much to learn about computer graphic designs that it's scary. I can see a new computer, new programs to learn (Indesign & Photoshop are his recommendations & I have never worked with either) in my crystal ball & no idea how I'm going to find the time to do that. And yet, it's quite magical, what you can do with an image, or piece of artwork, once you have it in one of those programs. Add another thing to my to-do list (which is actually one of the things I'm printing up for sale at the show, btw!--with my art on it, of course!)

My coach is lining me up with her corporate branding expert, hopefully next week, to get my game expanding as it's meant to. I'm looking forward to our next coaching session too. It's quite different to be coached in this field, as compared to in the sports field which is my previous context or reference. And, it seems to be working very well so far--at least I'm being open & taking things on board. We'll see where the flow takes us next--& it's all good (if not great) so far.

I'm just about done for the night, will try a bit of meditation to get calmed down so I can sleep. So many things going through my mind leading up to the set-up tomorrow. Of course not everything is done yet--some of the printing won't be here until tomorrow night & it needs to be packaged & personalized too. It feels like Christmas coming up! I can hardly wait!

Talk to you when it's all over--although my brother & nephew are flying in from Ontario on Saturday night for a week so I'll have them to spend some time with. Take care until next time & wish me luck!

Cheers!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment