Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Does everyone feel this busy, always?

I can't believe it's over a week since my last post--sorry to anyone who was looking for news more regularly than that! I am back...albeit briefly. I seem to keep creating more activities in my life than I can easily manage...just having too much fun! And then some of the things I love to do get either squished into little slots which is somewhat unsatisfying, or totally missed which is REALLY unsatisfying. Those activities, for me, tend to be reading, writing (& I include blogging in that category), quiet time & (sadly indeed) my painting.

However, today I had LOTS of time painting with one of my favourite, if not the most favourite, instructors, Faith Love Robertson (can you NOT love a person with a name like that?) And tomorrow more of the same. Today we were doing sunflowers (to which I added some fairies) & tomorrow I hear we're doing garden scenes which I might also hide some fairies in! I'm always inspired by Faith & how she teaches--lots of fun stuff to get some paint in various patterns onto the page in a sort of "sub-painting" & then see what you can create from there. I'm almost always pleased by the results & learn lots about colour, texture, composition too.

Today Faith brought me a lovely fairy book to keep overnight & do some research on the various types of fairies & magical creatures, along with instructions about minimizing their wicked spells, and the hazards of playing with them...so I'd better pay attention, since they seem to keep popping up in my life!

Alongside me painting this week is my gorgeous friend Sharon who is a coach in her own right, and so much fun to be around that I remember how lucky I am to have friends like her in my life. She has done so much corporate work as well as start her own training business & go through some of the branding questions that I have been struggling with that she is an excellent resource for me, and so generous in her advice. I want to join her in her "Champagne Club" venture! (& wouldn't you too!!)

The next few weeks are falling into place with the startup fall routine--and a few less visitors to entertain. So I plan to be blogging a little more, although I do have a big bathroom renovation project on the go as well--demolition has already started & will hit the tile removal job hard this weekend while Wes is still available, before he gets into his passion--hunting season. While he's away I'll be (hopefully) creating new slate walls in our shower, and organizing the cabinet/countertop replacement for October. No rest for the wicked!

But right now, off to bed I go, with my fairy book to study!

Stay tuned, I'm going to blog a bit more about how the magic came into my art world, as lots of people are wondering about that...

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment