Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Getting ready to head south...




Ok you lot out there! I thought I'd put a couple of photos up, one of my 2010 calendar that is hot off the press, the other is a small (4"X6") silk painting of koi that was my "sample" piece at the class I took a few weeks ago. The larger piece, the mermaid, is coming once I get a good photo of it. I will have to get it mounted first, so you can see it better, flat and square against the mount.

And look out, I'm getting ready for lift-off! 3 weeks tomorrow, as it happens. First, a trip to San Francisco & surroundings to meet a wonderful recently-found cousin of my dad's from Bournemouth, who's coming over to visit his brother (obviously also a cousin of my dad's!) & celebrate his retirement. I'll stay around the Bay area for almost a week with them, then have booked a flight on to LA & then down to Brisbane. After a week there with friends & family I'll head on down to Melbourne to catch up with my Aussie cousins there, retrieve my car, & think about what road to hit & when. Sydney will be coming up soon, late December if not before.


Lovely to have the basic arrangements booked & now all there is to do is finish off some things I've started here, get other things (like the garden) in shape for the winter, sell my 2010 calendars and order a reprint if demand requires, and get our annual party (The "Last Chance to Party" Party--with me before I go, that is!) & an open house organized for the weekend of November 7 & 8, just before I head off.


Meanwhile I've completed my arrangement with my brilliant coach Tymothea, as of today. A little sad, and also very grateful for all that she added to my life and awareness over the past 4 months. It's been an inspiring period of growth and I look forward to more as I plan for what I intend to accomplish and learn during my Down Under tour. As she suggests, the priorities are to play, paint, explore and look after my inner creative child. Maybe I'll find some fairies along the way! And some mermaids to swim with...wouldn't that be fantastic?
That's all for today, there's lots going on as always and while I'm enjoying the beautiful fall colours here, I'm very aware of cooler temperatures, signalling the arrival of winter, and looking forward to getting back to the southern sunshine for the...winter? summer down there? What to call it, depends on where you're reading this!
Ciao for now!
e

No comments:

Post a Comment