Friday, October 23, 2009

More fairy stories


The fairies are gathering around & creating mischief for me again. Actually they're not gathering around here physically, they're out there in the world setting little events off in my life so I know the magic isn't gone yet.


The latest evidence this week:

I was sending out emails about my calendars to people who had expressed interest at the shows I was in last summer, letting them know I could deliver their orders this week. I had a few replies back, some nice orders (thanks Jennifer, Caroline, Connie) & in the midst of these emails there was one from an address I didn't know, wasn't on my list, saying "I like your calendars, and do you have one of mine?"


Well, that got my attention...when I replied back it was a photographer who had ordered his calendars on-line and when his box of 50 came, there were 2 of mine in there!!!


Now if that's not fairies getting into either the mail system or the computer system I don't know how else you could explain it. He emailed me from VIRGINIA!! I'm in Vancouver!! I've never been to Virginia. My shipment came from ONTARIO!! And, although the fairies were good enough to send him 2 of my calendars I don't have one of his. So, we've commenced a very interesting conversation about what's happening in both our worlds. There must be some reason the fairies have put us in touch...can you think what it might be??


Maybe it's my fairy that headed down to Australia to do some work with my cousin Heather & got sucked into a computer system down there. Last I heard Fay (isn't that a great fairy name?) was trying to get helped out of the system so possibly she ended up being spit out with my calendars. She'll be a nasty one to come across for a while, if that's the case--look out for her!


I asked Garrett (that's the Virginia photographer) how many fairies were there on the September page of the calendar (in case there's an extra one squished on the page a la "Lady Cottingdon's Book of Pressed Fairies"), & I must ask him if there are any fairy footprints on the calendar itself. Last summer there were fairy footprints over a lot of my magic books but there haven't been any fresh tracks (& I've got to get Wes the hunter looking for them) lately that I've seen!


That's the latest fairy news for now! Stay tuned for tales of more magic events (like my open house November 8 before I head south. Someone has sent me some fairy dust in her reply so it's already starting out well. She had to do that because the fairies stopped her from opening the invitation until she sent some fairy dust my way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment