Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sorting things out

Well, I have some responses from my last post....thanks! And I'll let you know off the top that I THINK I may have sorted out how to allow comments directly onto the blog. Of course, I reserve editorial/posting discretion but why don't you try to put a comment onto here & we'll see if it works? Learning all the way...

This weekend I'm having a bit of a retreat, into the mountains, away from the "big smoke" as some people call Vancouver. I also caught the first snowfall of the season--we got about an inch on Thursday night just after we arrived & it's been about -10 degrees (Celsius) at night so VERY COLD for those who want to head to warmer climes when it gets below +10 degrees!! The hubby is up even higher in the mountains (crazy fool!) after mountain sheep, camping out. After a lovely 3 hour hike yesterday at about -2 I'm delighted not to be up & out with him! Even though it's bright, sunny & dry it's still cold enough to put my appetite into high gear to try to keep myself warm.

Last night I watched (again) Slum Dog Millionaire with my hosts, in their cozy downstairs "screening room". It was a long way from sitting in the Outdoor Cinema on Sydney Harbour where I first saw the movie in January with my wonderful Aussie friend Di who knows all the best ways to enjoy her gorgeous city (& country, too, I might add). There was no Harbour Bridge or Opera House in the background, and although we had a delicious dinner beforehand here there was no bubbly such as went with the ambiance & warm evening air of Sydney. The movie was as good as the first time around (although I must admit I still couldn't understand about half the dialogue--thank God for subtitles!) & again I was left grateful for the life I live, & thankful that "It is written" for me somehow.

It is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, and the harvest is mostly in (here in Cranbrook if you haven't got it in it's almost too late--the ground is frozen solid!) and it's a wonderful moment to take time to appreciate & recognize how wealthy we are, in the richness around us, within us, the
beauty we have around us, the priviledge of living life in a first world country, and the comforts of home and hearth as winter draws near. Just take a moment to look around and be aware of what's there. If you're reading this on the computer you're almost certainly one of the wealthiest people on earth!

"Sorting things out" definitely includes being aware of what's there, what the priorities are, and I'm focusing on being purposeful for the next month, rather than "doing doing doing" all the time. Taking time to remind myself of purpose, look for purpose and be calm. All that doing will happen naturally (if I know myself!!!) and without much effort on my part. Steering the creativity, writing, painting, sales action, travel plans is where my creative self comes alive. Being focused on the purpose will make it flow easily.

So, when my 1st printing of 2010 calendars arrives next week (once I'm home I'll put a photo on as a preview for you!) I'll be ready to generate some sales. I'm test marketing my calendars with "Magical Watercolour Landscapes and More" on the cover, along with my new email address mymagic@shaw.ca . And I've gone into partnership with a friend to bring my favourite teacher Faith Love Robertson to do a watercolour workshop near us next Saturday so that's another magical event to look forward to. Paintings I do with her influence always turn out magically well!

Any more magic comments? Tell me what you think, of magic, of the blog, of life! And I'll keep you posted!

e

No comments:

Post a Comment