Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Success!! (Well, with posting more photos at least!)










Aha, I think I've got it! Guess once you upload one photo that's it for your blog so I've put 5 up there--not that there's much rhyme or reason to them other than they are things I've been working on & that are available for ordering, if you like! (OK, the slate shower stall is NOT available however some people have asked to see what it looks like after so many complaints about my "Gulag" for September).
Now if I could just work out how to put captions onto the photos & a comment in the right place I'd almost look like I knew what I was doing! The books (these & others) are $5-$12.50, the Magic Bags (I have both black & white magic bags) are $5, and my 2010 desk-top calendars (very similar to this one, going to the printer's tomorrow with my images) will be selling for $12 instead of the $12.50 I was expecting after the first print quote. And, if you buy 10 you'll get one free which effectively makes the price $11 each.
Now, on to words! Yesterday & today I've been in a bit of a funk, not sure why, feeling a bit off, un-inspired, tired, & cranky about, well, just about everything. Which is really not appealing to me or to others! So I was keeping my distance & keeping my mouth shut, unless spoken to, at which time I mostly said nasty things. Today I'd had enough of myself & so, luckily, I had nothing to do except sort myself out, which I did by going to the pool & swimming my solitary lengths instead of doing the usual class, then hitting the library & getting some inspirational books out--on fairies, unicorns, and other magical images to read about & paint or sketch this weekend when we go away to the mountains. Somehow that all worked to revive my spirits & I got a lot of other odds & ends accomplished after that.
One of the items was booking my flights to & from Aussie for November to March 15--& I'm almost there. I just have to get down to San Fran about Nov 11 or 12 for a weekend with a long-lost British cousin who's visiting his brother in Monterey--will be fantastic to visit them before I head to LA/Brisbane for a week/Melbourne on November 17. It's getting cooler here in Canada & I can feel the sunshine of Australia calling me louder every day!
I do feel so blessed to be leading the life I do. It's pretty fantastic and I don't ever want to take it for granted. However, something in me just seems to want to create more--art, wealth, happiness, fun, love, peace...& that's where my mission comes in, I guess. Playing with fairies and magic is great fun! Today I started writing a story about a fairy so we'll see where that goes. I don't know if I'm up to doing the illustrations (as yet) however you never know what will come off the end of my brush--look at that mermaid I did in silk! And there seem to be lots of fairy tale books in the library so there's a market for them apparently!
Tell me, what do you think about magic & fairies? Are you interested?? Enquiring minds want to know!




No comments:

Post a Comment