Saturday, November 7, 2009

3 days & counting

The time is flying by and yet I'm pleasantly relaxed for someone who hasn't started to pack for a 4-month walkabout! That hypnotherapy session last weekend really made a huge difference this week--really it is the only explanation for my internal calmness given all that's going on.

Today I held the first art show of the weekend, the next is tomorrow, and I was delighted to sell 5 original paintings along with lots of seasonal calendars and cards. All that & a great time was had by all. Wes cooked some most delicious appies, and served those along with a preview of his Christmas baking which is unsurpassable, and many bottles of wine were drunk--and almost as many bottles of beer! I think I'm sober as I type this!

Tomorrow is an open house for previous clients & will likely prove to be a bit more sedate--although hopefully some good buyers there too. Then it's time to get on with the packing, painting once more before I go, getting my surplus stock stored safely for the winter, some more paintings into exhibition at my massage therapist's office, along with various & sundry activities that go along with preparing for a long journey. Not to mention getting Christmas presents organized for leaving behind!

Meanwhile I've had some bad news about a couple of friends who may not be here when I return. One in particular is in intensive care with a rapidly advancing form of leukemia and the prognosis doesn't look good. Her family is around and it must be a very difficult time for them all--such great people who I have known for decades. Mel is in a lot of people's prayers this week.

I guess the fabric of life as we know it has many patterns--some of them we weave ourselves and others are woven for us--by who I don't know. Right now my life is absolutely beautiful and it's hard to imagine it could get any better, or that it might not stay this way forever. Then there are those things that remind us to enjoy the day as it comes, as there are no guarantees, except that it will end (again as we know it) at some point. I guess in some ways if you have been given a prognosis (as my father was, when he was diagnosed with lung cancer spread to the brain, of 4 months remaining) you have an opportunity that others don't get.

Anyway, enough with the bad news, and enough for the evening. I'll sign off from Vancouver & probably won't blog on until I'm upside down on the other side of the world, back to summertime! Until then have fun!
e

No comments:

Post a Comment