Saturday, November 28, 2009

Are you following me?







That is, if you know where I am...or if I know where I am! Since November 11 when I left Canada I've never been more than 3 nights in the same place. This morning I woke up in the peaceful bedroom where I'll spend most of the next few weeks so it's very nice to unpack & settle a bit. Thanks to my wonderful cousins in Melbourne who have a fantastic home with room for me to stay, and the generosity to open their house to me as they do annually. I hope I never wear out my welcome here!



It's been great to talk to some of the Melbourne cousins, there's a new little addition to the family who I haven't met yet, an all seems to be well down here. Australia has been strangely untouched by the GFC (as they call the "global financial crisis"here--an Aussie tradition to shorten words and phrases!) Everyone is well, happy, working away in the world, and the kids are almost all grown up. Lovely to see them all.



It was also good to see the box of things I left here in April including my pallet and some paints & some paper & big brushes. I started sketching too, on the sketchpad I left here, and will get my paints out tomorrow, I think. Lots of things to be inspired by here, and wip (work in progress) too.



So, while I must go now, I have access to a bigger computer & a bit more time to play with my photos so stay tuned & I'll show you my travel stuff!!



Ciao until later

No comments:

Post a Comment