Thursday, November 19, 2009

Back in the land of Oz!!

So now you know, I am here! (Actually I guess I am usually "here", like, where else could I be--except away in lala land!)
Had a great week in California re-connecting & meeting for the first time with some excellent cousins there--was amazed by the creative talent, both musical & artistic, watching cousin's band 61 Trees playing, with the addition of their father, & my 2nd cousin, Richard Watts, and absolutely loved the whole time! The singing & art was amazing! Threw in some quick trips to Monteray, Carmel, the Lone Pine, Sacramento legislative buildings, trying to find Clint & Arnie with no success. All the spots were superb however, and I was really impressed with the richness of California.
And then, leaving those cousins along with UK cousin Mike who threw the whole week together so beautifully (some photos will be posted when I get my electronic act together along with internet time), it was off to LA then to Brisbane to visit 2nd cousins there & get re-established in Oz. Lynda & mother Dorothy are such excellent hosts, I had a swim, 2 walks by the beach, prawns for lunch, and a wonderful welcome & bed last night. This morning I woke up to the sounds of lorikeets chattering & squawking outside my bedroom window at dawn. So great to be back in my country of choice (for the northern winter!)
I do leave a marvelously charmed life, I must look out for some fairies around to keep the magic going!
More posting later, I promise!
e

No comments:

Post a Comment