Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Signing out for the weekend--the fairies will miss me! (they almost made me type "mess" me!)

Just a short post today as I'm crazily getting all my printing orders (thank the heavens for my new printer who is amazing & if you want to find out who he is & give him more business let me know) & graphics finalized (& thank heaven for Lauren & NO YOU CAN'T HAVE HER DO ANYTHING FOR YOU BECAUSE SHE'S BUSY WORKING ON MY STUFF!) for the August 8/9 show before I head to Vancouver Island tomorrow. I'm going to paint on some pottery, a first for me, in my potter cousin's studio. Should be interesting for a visual artist as the glazes don't go on the same colour that they are when they come out of the kiln after firing! I hope Lynds has some colour chips for me!! And working on 3-D objects is another new creative area for me to work into.

I'm also busy creating personalized journal books and bookmarks and calendars for 2010 for the launch of my new line of magically inspired products--do you know what fairy footprints look like? I do--& the fairies have already been tromping around (well, very delicately, you can hardly call it tromping--maybe tiptoe-ing is more accurate) my books & left their marks! So they're adding their magic, I'm adding mine, & we'll see what happens when they hit the public! I've got a new email address set up to take orders, and we're working away to get all the signage & bits & pieces ready to go in 10 days.

I was inspired today when visiting an artist friend who has been painting for a long time. She feels she is getting to the end of her career (I'm not so sure about that!) & she has been so generous with her assistance to me in preparation for the next 2 shows--with time, ideas, suggestions for hanging & presenting as much of my original art as I can get out there. A lovely woman who is well loved by many & has so many contacts in the artist community it's stunning. I'm very pleased to be the recipient of her knowledge.

So, off to the Island, after the pottery painting it's a family reunion & then a halibut fishing trip on Monday with my husband to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary (that's if you don't count that we were married 3 times in one year, then we're actually celebrating our 15th anniversary!) I'm so lucky to have been with him for 30 years & the last five have been the best ever--hopefully he'd say that too but I'm not sure he'll ever be a blogger. He's more of a woodsy- type guy, few words & lots of presence.

So, see you next week. Enjoy our holiday weekend & the Aussie-type weather--I sure do! The magic will return next week--& keep looking out for the fairies in your garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment