Monday, July 27, 2009

This morning's conversation with the fairies

Hello everyone!
The days pass so fast in my magic garden that I'm just going to have to forget about day before yesterday's events & yesterday's events & report on this morning's musings...& I think I've found a better way to report the fairies' words that is more legible, both to you and to me as I'm recording it in my journal. It was getting hard to read the writing I'd done in the highlighter alone, let me tell you! So I'll try a different colour for them, just not yellow! You'd think as an artist & watercolourist I'd realize that yellow is one of the most fragile & delicate of colours that you have to preserve early in the piece, & be careful not to put much of any other colour overtop unless you're happy to lose it. So, I think I'll try the fairies' words in a variety of colours & you tell me which one you like best.

Today's entry--July 27, 2009

The fairies were calling me when I woke up this morning, but I resisted coming out back until I had a least had my smoothie & put on a load of washing (laundry for those of you who follow this in Canada as opposed to Australia or England). They whispered an invitation to come out & play with them as soon as I woke. Very seductive to come out & sit here all day & never get any work done in the real world.
Pshaw--what real world? This is the real world! You created it & it's here for your pleasure & time. And we love it here too! (That's the fairies talking by the way)
So, what did you think of my friends yesterday? (oh yes, I think I forgot to report from the previous journals that I was wondering if the fairies would be interested in visiting the corporate world & bringing some magic there. They were somewhat horrified by the idea, something about "don't like suits" but they were interested in checking people out who I brought over, into the back yard. And they certainly liked my little nieces (see previous post).
They were very magical beings--we loved the champagne the beautiful dark-haired one brought. And her--what's that word you humans use? "Familiar", that's it. Cedar, he told us his name was.
Oh, so you like dogs, do you?
Well, not all of them. Some of them are horrid and nasty & very snarly. But Cedar (we'd name him Cedric ourselves) was gorgeous. Did you notice how he led you to us?
Yes I did. And I really liked the gum-tree fairy (a present and model for me) that appeared in the fairy cave, on the fairy bed under the bird bath!
We like her too. I think she'll stay around a while so your nieces can visit with her.
I was thinking if she'd like to go back to Australia she could come with me in November. I'm pretty sure she'd slip through the customs easily enough. It looks like she came from there anyway.
They won't see her--don't you worry. Even the US Border Protection or whatever they're calling themselves can't stop us doing our magic work & playing globally.
And so, what about Nikki, my other friend--what did you think of her?
We don't know her as well as the dark-haired one, who we've danced with many times before, in this life and others. Nikki seemed more aware of you than of us. We'd like it if they both came back again & brought some more bubbles for us to play with!
Oh, so you did know about the bubble bath Nikki brought eh?
Yes, she's a very generous person and we could see what a big heart she has. And weren't you going to bring someone else for us to see? The more the merrier is our motto!
Oh, my other friend Brenda. You'll find her very elfin-like & I suspect you may be danced with her before too. I'll invite her out next time we get together to paint--I think it will be soon.
Yes, we could hear you all laughing and playing away while you painted in your studio. And we want you to come out & play with us & paint out here so we can put more of our magic into your brushes while you work! Please Please Please???
Well, I'm a little afraid well fall under your spells & not get anything done if we're that close to you. We almost got lost in time yesterday in the house, we were so enchanted. But, we'll see what we can do when they come again.

I've got to finish up now but maybe tomorrow you can tell me some more fairy stories--like, is there really a cherry fairy? & if so is there an apricot fairy? I'd like to start writing some of your fairy legends and stories for the human world if you're interested. You know, you can't be too rich or too famous, right?
Well, not too sure about the rich part but we like to be legends.
Ok, tomorrow then. And I'll be back at dusk with my candle again & call with with the new fairy bell that Sharon brought over.

And to you, my blog readers, have a great day & maybe you have some children or grandchildren, or nieces & nephews that you'd like to share this with--go ahead!!
See you soon!
e (I'm now away without the fairies at the pool)

No comments:

Post a Comment